Thứ Tư, 24 tháng 2, 2021

social studies - david byrne 1985

Tiếp tục nghe David Byrne của năm 1985 

Và cười ha ha ha 😎😎😎

I thought that if I ate the food of the area I was visiting 

That I might assimilate the point of view of the people there 

As if the point of view was somehow in the food 

So I would simply follow the examples of those around me 

I would study menus very carefully 

Making note of important differences and similarities 

When shopping at the supermarket 

I felt a great desire to walk off with someone else's groceries 

So that I could study them at length 

And study their effects on me 

As though if I ate their groceries I would become that person; until I finished their groceries 

And we might find ourselves going to the same places 

Running into one another at the movies 

Or in a shopping mall 

Reading the same books 

Watching the same TV programmes 

Wearing the same clothes 

Traveling to the same places 

And taking the same pictures 

Getting sick at the same time 

And getting well again simultaneously 

Finding ourselves attracted to the same people 

Working at the same job 

And making the same amount of money 

Living identical lives as long as the groceries lasted

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét